Trumbull Canoe Trails

Trumbull Canoe Trails (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/index.php)
-   Trips (Official) (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Buckaloons (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1484)

Ambridger 07-15-2021 02:25 PM

Buckaloons

The TCTC trip to Buckaloons is scheduled for September 10-12. Reserve your camp sites now. Jodi and I have reserved our usual, site #40. Also, if you're coming and want to be counted for meals, please start to RSVP here or on the posting on the Facebook page. Tradition has been that we do a communal breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings and a communal dinner Saturday evening. We will collect the food fee at Buckaloons. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

DustinSW1627 07-16-2021 05:48 AM

Noel Family

Hello, the girls and I will be there. We have reserved campsite #38 right next to our fearless leaders. Don’t want time to go any faster than it is already going but really looking forward to this trip. Thanks

Lee3553 07-17-2021 11:09 AM

Steve and I will be in site 39! Yes we want to participate in the communal meals. Looking forward to it!

SOS57 07-17-2021 12:36 PM

Buckaloons

I have my site reserved (#35). Count me in for the meal planning and activities. See you all there.

LWP 07-19-2021 04:50 PM

Lora and some combination of Nathan, Olivia, and Greg will be in site #41. We’d like to participate in the communal meals.

richpinky 08-26-2021 07:43 PM

Buckaloons

I will be there by my self and will be eating with you.

Mark and Jodi do you need me to bring anything ? Canopy, Big stove griddle? whatever you need I can bring.

Stan, do you have room on your site for me ? (small tent)If so what day are you arriving ? Rich A.

SOS57 08-27-2021 04:37 PM

Rich
I should be there on Friday on site 35. I should have my travel trailer, but there should be room for you on the site.

Ambridger 08-29-2021 01:02 PM

Rich, if you still have access to fire wood, that would be great. We have a couple canopies, but I'm gonna watch the weather. That big stove griddle sounds nice; would be useful for breakfast. Stan, if ya have a table or two in your trailer, those would be appreciated as well.

Lee3553 08-29-2021 03:11 PM

We also have a folding table , cooktop and griddle. Bringing crockpot.

richpinky 09-01-2021 10:25 PM

Stan, Thanks see you Fri.
Mark, Will bring wood,stove and griddle.
Rich

Ambridger 09-14-2021 08:27 PM

The Buckaloons trip, once again, made for a great weekend. Folks were rollin-in on Friday and getting camps established. Dustin and his girls paddled up river a bit, and were the only ones to hit the water on Friday.

Saturday morning we assembled for breakfast, then prepared the boats at the Buckaloons launch. We had eleven paddlers on the water, doing battle against a mean head wind, from Buckaloons all the way down to Tidioute. The winds created white caps that were splashing over the bows of our boats, throwing mist in our faces. We got off the water just as the sun was setting over the horizon, and a sliver of moon was rising as Dustin tied down the boats to his trailer. We all enjoyed a hot dinner, that Jodi had plenty of time to prepare back at camp.

After breakfast Sunday, the remaining paddlers drove to Point Park in Warren, where we launched for a trip back to Buckaloons. The winds were much more favorable Sunday. Along the way, we discovered some steps leading from the river, up onto Mead Island. We lunched atop the steps at a picnic table, and then took some time to explore. After lunch, as we paddled down river, we found a channel into Mead's lake, that we were previously unaware of. The group of nine paddled into the lake to explore further.

After the paddle on Sunday, the remaining members enjoyed dinner at Cornerstone Lounge & Family Restaurant in Warren ... If you're wondering; two thumbs up.

The list of attendees included: Jeff & Judy, Steve & Linda, Stan, Rich, Laura & her daughter Olivia, Dustin and his daughters Addie & Lena, and myself (Mark) and Jodi. Thanks to everybody who pitched in with equipment and manpower ... helping to cook and clean-up after meals, helping one another on the river, and helping to shuttle people and boats. Everyone's support made things run smoothly and efficiently. And thankfully, we had no carnage to report. Pictures to follow ... probably on the FB page.