Trumbull Canoe Trails

Trumbull Canoe Trails (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/index.php)
-   Trips (Official) (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Club Picnic 2019 (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1293)

Ambridger 07-15-2019 03:44 PM

Club Picnic 2019

TRUMBULL CANOE TRAILS ANNUAL CLUB PICNIC

WHEN: Sunday, July 21st, 2019
WHERE: 147 N. Leavitt Rd, Leavittsburgh, OH 44430
GPS: 41.241675, -80.881140
TIME: 11:00 am

Old friends and new, come one and all! Yearly family memberships are only $10 / family. If you have never paddled with us, a picnic is a great time to join.

TCTC will provide hamburgers, vege-burgers, hotdogs, plates, and utensils. Participants are encouraged to bring a side dish and / or dessert to share. Also, this is a BYOB event - the club does not provide beverages. Members are also reminded to bring a chair. The forecast is questionable for rain, please bring your canopies so we can overcome Mother Nature if necessary.

After the picnic, we will hold a short meeting. Once the meeting concludes, we will set the shuttle and then get the boats on the water. The lower launch area at Canoe City has been cleared of brush and a large fallen tree at the put-in area, so we plan to paddle from Canoe City to Packard Park. This is a flat water section with one small, beginner friendly, drop. I'm also told the channel is open, courtesy of Mike and the club's chain saw.

Please post if your coming, so we can plan supplies accordingly.

suram 07-16-2019 09:16 AM

I plan to be there and will bring 12x12 canopy. I'll bring tomato/cucumber salad

richpinky 07-16-2019 09:19 PM

Pinky and I will be there and bring a 10x10 and goodies

flagsracer9 07-17-2019 04:59 PM

Mike & I are coming

BOBK 07-18-2019 05:21 AM

I will bring a black bean and corn salad....sort of. Actually, I will be bringing Lin B. who is bringing the black bean and corn salad.

JPTolson 07-20-2019 05:59 AM

Can’t make it.

With regrets, I’m not able to attend. Hope everyone has a good time.

SOS57 07-20-2019 11:24 PM

Club Picnic

I'm planning to be there. Will bring a popup and a dessert.

mfdanko99 07-22-2019 05:36 PM

Review

What a nice but warm day we had for the club picnic.
A big thank you goes to Mark & Jodi for all there work on putting together a great picnic and to others for there help and supplies
We had 20 members show up for a nice meal and a good meeting with some great discussion about club trips and money. Also elected three new trustees with different terms to rotate one a year. (Will put in a newsletter once I get the minutes from Betka)
With the warmer than usual weather we decided to paddle the 3.5 mile trip Swift Park to Canoe City instead of the 6 mile trip down to Packard Park. We had 13 paddlers (12 Kayaks and 1 Canoe) make the voyage down the Mahoning. Many of us stayed cool with some good splashing and water gun fights.

One home owner has made it clear he wants the Leavittsburg Dam to stay with a sign saying "save our river, keep the dam". Found that to be interesting.

After the paddle a small group stayed and enjoyed good conversations and story's of paddles past and how ray novotny almost got Sue Ramdin kill, but she said it was exhilarating!!!

We had thunderstorms roll in that made us pack up and head home. It was a fun and enjoyable day with great friends and family.
Mike Danko