Trumbull Canoe Trails

Trumbull Canoe Trails (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/index.php)
-   Trips (Unofficial) (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Sun. June 30th Lake Wilhelm Nature Tour (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/showthread.php?t=537)

redntall74 02-24-2013 08:24 AM

Sun. June 30th Lake Wilhelm Nature Tour

Wanted to see if there was interest in a morning paddle on beautiful Lake Wilhelm in NE Mercer Co. Pa. Distance is only about 5-6 miles on flat water. Would want to meet early before it gets to hot.

Everytime out we see Ospreys and Eagles, Commerants and King Fishers, Sea Gulls and ducks, and much more. Be sure to bring along binoculars and cameras.

This is also the weekend of the Pioneer Frolic at Goddard State Park, where we would launch, that features pre 1840 displays and music.

There is a 12 mile bike trail loop around the lower lake that has been noted as one of the best trails in NW PA and NW OH due to the bridges and turns and small hills thru fields and forest for those seeking even more adventure.

Please let me know if interested for a head count and planning.
Steven Preston 724-813-5641 redntall74@yahoo.com

redntall74 06-11-2013 05:51 PM

Pioneer Frolic

Wish I knew how to post the flyer for the Pioneer Frolic but alais computers are not my thing. I was thinking we could meet Sunday about 9AM at the boat launch at the main marina. Follow to Bike Trail signs once you turn into the Marina Road. We would be on the water a few hours then the Pioneer Frolic will be in full swing with Music and Pre 1840s displays, Vendors, Primative Encampments etc. Lots of Fun for the whole family. Hope to see many of you. Remember to bring binocs and cameras.

jimbo 06-12-2013 03:23 AM

Frolic

Hey Steve,
Is this it?

http://friendsofgoddard.com/frolic.html

redntall74 06-12-2013 04:50 PM

I'll try this

1 Attachment(s)
That's some about it. I'm not sure if the flyer is on line I have it as a picture.
[ATTACH]
[/ATTACH]

Yea it worked

rideharder 06-13-2013 06:24 PM

I'm a new member to the club and my wife and I are new to the whole kayaking scene. That being said we live just 3 miles from Wilhelm and would be up for a day of paddling our local water way. The bonus of meeting new friends interested in paddling will add to a great day that is to be had on the water. I'll check back in as the date draws closer.

redntall74 06-15-2013 09:31 AM

Morning

I live outside Mercer so give me a holler sometime.

rideharder 06-16-2013 06:51 AM

I wiil. I didn't notice that you were from Mercer. Like I said thisis all new to me so it would be great to get out with an experienced paddler. I would like to step up and do a couple of runs on a creek/river, not anything wild just something moving. If your on Facebook look me up Mark Custer or txt me 724 815 1490. Look forward to hearing from you.

rideharder 06-27-2013 01:37 AM

Do you know what time you will be going out?

redntall74 06-27-2013 06:14 PM

Lake Wilhelm

I was thinking about a 9AM start. Meet at the marina boat launch. Turn into the marina entrance and go straight back to the back near the bike trail. We will be out a few hours and cover about 7 miles I think. I have several 1st timers that will be joining us so could use some teachers also.
Someone needs to do the nice day dance for us!:1:

redntall74 06-30-2013 06:06 AM

Good Morning

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a short bit. A little foggy to start the AM over here but that usally means some sunshine to follow. Wind is down so the lake should be calm for our outing. Remember your change of clothes and shoes along with binoculars and cameras if you like wildlife and bird life pictures. We should see mature and immature eagles, ospreys, blue herons, comerants, hawks, king fishers, ducks, geese, green herons and pre 1840s pioneers.
See ya soon.
Two exits north of I 80 on I 79 and follow the signs to the park. We will be meeting at the back area of the Marina drive. My cell number is 724-813-5641
Steven