Trumbull Canoe Trails

Trumbull Canoe Trails (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/index.php)
-   Trips (Official) (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Allegheny River September 20-22 (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1305)

richpinky 08-21-2019 09:36 PM

Allegheny River September 20-22

Allegheny River September 20-22

We will be camping at Buckaloons Recreation Area in the Allegheny National Forest and paddling on the Allegheny River in September.
The Allegheny National Forest covers nearly half a million acres and is populated primarily with black cherry, maple and other hardwoods. The Kinzua Dam, built in 1965, impounds the Allegheny River to form the 25-mile-long Allegheny Reservoir.
Buckaloons Campground sits at the confluence of the Allegheny River, Brokenstraw Creek and Irvine Run in northwestern Pennsylvania.
Buckaloons is the beginning of the second designated National Wild and Scenic River segment of the Allegheny River. The second segment runs from Buckaloons campground to Alcorn Island just upstream of Oil City, PA, a distance of nearly 50 miles. In this segment are the 6 islands of the Allegheny Islands Wilderness as well as many other publicly and privately owned islands. Water activities are the biggest draw to Buckaloons Recreation Center, including canoeing, kayaking, rafting and boating.
For those camping you have a choice of sites:
With electric $23.00
Or without: $18.00 per day.
There is also a $5.00 charge if you need to leave a car in the parking lot.
Reservation line (Toll-Free)
(877) 444-6777
10 a.m. – 12 a.m. (Eastern Time Zone)
Buckaloons offers:
· 57 family campsites, two double sites, and one group site, each containing a picnic table(s), fire ring, and grassy tent site.
· Several sites have charcoal grates.
· There are hot showers, flush toilets, a pressurized water system, and a dump station.
· There are electrical hookups on 43 sites. A concrete boat launch, a pavilion, and a picnic area are also available.
· Dead and down wood may be used as firewood. Host has firewood and ice for sale

For those who do not want to camp we will meet in the parking lot of Buckaloons at 10 AM Saturday morning and shuttle from there. There are many different trips that we can do from Buckaloons; we can decide that morning depending on the river conditions.

We usually cook and eat breakfast on Sat. and Sun. and supper Fri. and Sat. as a group (you are on your own for lunch).
If you would like to join us you must contact Pinky by Sept. 13 at the latest,
330-509-4262 so she has a head count for food.
Pinky will get all the food and we will share the cost with the people eating with us.

Getting There:
Buckaloons Recreation Area
1500 National Forge Road, Irvine, Pa. GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
41.83972, -79.25639 41°50'23"N, 79°15'23"W

Call 330-509-4262 with any questions

SOS57 08-21-2019 09:42 PM

Allegheny

I have a site locked in and will see you all there. Just me again this trip.

mfdanko99 08-22-2019 08:17 AM

Stan what site number do you have?
Trying to get that Saturday off

SOS57 08-22-2019 12:18 PM

Hey Mike. I'm reserved for site 30.It's at the far end off that loop. I want to try to shift to a closer 'walkin" site when I check in. They are availableavailable but can't be reserved. This way i have a site locked in. I have it listed for 2 vehicles and 3 or more people. It's just me so I can share. Power site. I plan on being there Thursday thru Monday. Be nice to see you at this one.

richpinky 08-29-2019 09:59 PM

Wow

the president , Mike is coming !

mfdanko99 08-30-2019 12:33 PM

Your killing me smalls 😁

Mary Kane 09-12-2019 10:21 AM

Buckaloons weekend

I will be there early Saturday morning to paddle and then set up camp to stay over to paddle again Sunday. Not sure if my departure will be late Sunday or early Monday morning, (it may be a "weather depending" kinda thing)!
I will bring a check for my DUES and will pay for my share for food - THANKS PINKY!!

JPTolson 09-18-2019 08:51 AM

Able to make it

Planning to be there this weekend. Looking forward to it!

mfdanko99 09-18-2019 09:23 PM

That is awesome that you can make it JP
😁😁😁😁
See ya Saturday afternoon

jimbo 09-23-2019 01:26 AM

Good food!

Looks like some really happy campers.