Trumbull Canoe Trails

Trumbull Canoe Trails (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/index.php)
-   Trips (Official) (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Moonlight Paddle 7/31/20 (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1404)

suram 07-06-2020 09:40 PM

Moonlight Paddle 7/31/20

CANCELLED (EDITED TO ADD: SEE MOONLIGHT PADDLE II- MIKE WILL BE LEADING THIS FROM POINTVIEW PARK)
I am really looking forward to the moonlight paddle! I don't think I'll be able to paddle though so would someone like to take charge on the water? I can handle the picnic part no problem. Please let me know and thanks! SueTrip Leader -Sue Ramdin

***************Info********************

When- Friday July 31st (Rain Date August 1st)
Where- 2898 Penn Court Lake Milton OH 44429
GPS 41.077316, -80.977310
Time start 6-8 pm, ending whenever
Looking forward to the moonlight paddle on Friday July 31st and Rain date is Saturday August 1st

We will meet at our place on Lake Milton: 2898 Penn Court, Lake Milton Ohio (GPS usually works well getting folks here). GPS coordinates are: GPS 41.077316,-80.977310
We'll try to have a potluck dinner between 6 and 8. Feel free to come and hang out around the fire , visit and eat, then head out to paddle around 9. (Will have to practice social distancing)
We will shoot for being on the water by 9.
If it looks like a washout we should be able to tell by Thursday night in which case we can change it to Sat.

Gear:
bring several glow sticks to decorate your boats. Red lighted headlamps are also good. Your boat or you must be visible in the dark but you also don't want to blind your fellows paddlers with lights that are too bright.
The club usually provides meat so I'll have chicken, a few burgers, and a few veggie burgers. There will be iced tea and water to drink. Feel free to bring whatever else you want to drink and a side dish.
It's about a 5 mile paddle if you go all the way down to the Berlin dam and back. Some go all the way to the dam and some head back to the campfire sooner. We usually eat again when we get back. I'll be there all night so however late you want to stay is fine.
Let me know if anyone would like to lead the paddle on the water- thanks
Sue Ramdin

mfdanko99 07-07-2020 10:09 AM

I got the water part.
I really enjoy this paddle

suram 07-20-2020 09:22 PM

Thank you Mike! Also since we have a bunch of burgers and dogs I won't be making chicken. If everyone could bring some food item to share that would be good. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon! Any questions please let me know. 330-518-1359.

suram 07-20-2020 09:29 PM

Thank you Mike!

suram 07-22-2020 06:14 PM

I am so sorry to cancel the moonlight paddle...

I really hate to do this- I have been looking forward to it all summer. I think it would be safer to not have it since the covid numbers are going up like they are. I am immunosuppressed and think it is the right decision but I'm not happy about it.. So sorry- Sue

mfdanko99 07-26-2020 11:46 PM

I 100% support your decision as trip leader.
Thank you for being a trip leader and for your time
Mike