Trumbull Canoe Trails

Trumbull Canoe Trails (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/index.php)
-   Trips (Official) (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Woodcock Lake - Picnic (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1406)

Ambridger 07-14-2020 02:03 PM

Woodcock Lake - Picnic

CANCELLED DUE TO PREDICTED WEATHER: 80% RAIN - POSSIBLY SEVERE STORMS

It's picnic time! This Sunday, July 19th, 11am at Woodcock Lake Park, Meadville PA ... this is also typically when we hold one of our club meetings required by our charter. Please bring a covered dish to share. The club will provide burgers, dogs, and some veggie burgers. As always, BYOB. I am asking that folks wear masks while at the buffet, so please bring a face covering. I would also ask that if you have some clean jugs to transport water, please bring some to support our hand washing station.

DIRECTIONS: From I-80 take I-79 north to the Meadville exit (147A), upon exiting follow SR 19 north to the round-about in Saegertown. Take the first exit out of the round-about onto SR 198 east. The road will come to a "T" intersection, at which 198 east makes a right and then a quick left. After the left, make the first right (about 1 mile) onto Shutz Road, which crosses the lake. The entrance to the park will be on your right. I will post signs in the park leading you to the picnic shelter.

Currently the forecast is calling for scattered showers. Please check back here and on Facebook for updates, if the forecast should change to the worse, the picnic may be postponed.

Please chime-in under this thread to help give me an estimate of those thinking about attending.

mfdanko99 07-14-2020 07:57 PM

I can't promise for sure if Jessica and Myself will make the picnic.
We are moving my dad (bob) to his new apartment in Cortland.
Mike

djstone 07-15-2020 08:50 AM

Picnic

Tom and I plan on attending if weather is good.
Thanks!
Hope to see everyone there!

JPTolson 07-15-2020 06:54 PM

Planning to attend

I'm planning to attend the club picnic and looking forward to seeing everyone. I'll bring a watermelon.

JP

JPTolson 07-16-2020 08:03 PM

Paddling at picnic?

Are we going to be paddling at the picnic?

jvanbro 07-16-2020 08:58 PM

Planning on attending if the weather is decent.

Ambridger 07-17-2020 07:27 AM

I hope to paddle the lake after we picnic. There is also a swim beach at the lake. I'm continuing to monitor the forecast.

Greyhounds2 07-18-2020 07:01 AM

We will miss another event

Really wanted to come to the picnic but Mark is working today and tomorrow on a bridge project in Pittsburgh. 10th Street bypass is totally closed because of his crew doing overhead piping on the 9th Street bridge so stay away from there this weekend If you’re going to Pittsburgh. Have fun. Be safe with the heat index of 100 degrees and bad air quality.

Kathy and Mark Murtha

Ambridger 07-18-2020 07:14 PM

cancelled due to predicted weather: 80% rain - possibly severe storms