Trumbull Canoe Trails

Trumbull Canoe Trails (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/index.php)
-   Trips (Official) (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Summer Picnic (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/showthread.php?t=712)

EAR 06-30-2014 08:25 AM

Summer Picnic

Hi Everybody. Our annual summer picnic and meeting is coming up on Saturday, July 12th, starting about 5:30pm at Canoe City Park in Leavittsburg. Doing things a little different this year by having a dusk run and picnic instead of a mid- afternoon affair. We can start to gather about 5:30 and I'll fire up the grill about 6. We'll have a bite to eat, have our meeting and then head up to Swift park about 7:30 for the paddle back to Canoe City. We should finish up just before dark.
As per usual, the Club will provide burgers, dogs, buns and such and members and guests can bring side dishes for the group to share. If anyone has games to bring, please do.
There is nothing special planned as far as speakers or demonstrations this year but I do remember that Mike may want to show us a new method of canoe propulsion he found out about from JPT. I believe it's called gunwale humping or gunwale jumping or something like that. People with throw ropes will be standing by.
In case of bad weather we'll have a rain date of Sunday, July 13, 2pm. A light rain will not cancel Saturdays event but a thunder storm will.
Hope to see lots of you at the picnic. Any questions just call or email me or ask here.
Ed
330-568-1619
eartt16@aol.com

Ambridger 07-01-2014 10:36 AM

We are new to the club and new to paddling. This is the first event that has fit into our schedule. Would it be OK to attend? What's that stretch of river like.... OK for novice paddlers?

jimbo 07-01-2014 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambridger (Post 2852)
We are new to the club and new to paddling. This is the first event that has fit into our schedule. Would it be OK to attend? What's that stretch of river like.... OK for novice paddlers?

Welcome! Great stretch of water for your enjoyment.
Jim

EAR 07-01-2014 11:11 PM

All Welcome

This would be a great time for anybody who looks at our site to come and meet the group. This is also a great opportunity for us to explain why we are a club that collects a small amount of yearly dues and why membership is important to what we do to promote our club and paddle sports in and around this area.
This particular section of the Mahoning is a flat water paddle and is part of the Mahoning River Water Trail. Novice friendly and scenic for all.
Hope to see new faces at the picnic.
Ed

erbego 07-09-2014 12:42 PM

Hey, Ed, Google Maps doesn't show Canoe City Park in Leavittsburg. Where exactly is the park located?

Erin

JPTolson 07-09-2014 01:00 PM

Erin, Canoe City is on North Leavitt Road in Leavittsburg. Here are coordinates:
41.241230, -80.881555
jp

KenM 07-12-2014 08:21 AM

from Ken and Cheryl

We are planning to come this evening to meet group. Will bring cheese plate and or bean salad and two kayaks.

EAR 07-12-2014 09:06 AM

Great ! I hope we get a good crowd. I've got 32 burgers and 24 dogs. I can't eat all that myself!! Weather looks great and its a full moon tonight.

JPTolson 07-12-2014 09:19 AM

Planning to be there. Bringing quinoa-grape-mint-mandarin orange-feta cheese salad.

mfdanko99 07-12-2014 12:31 PM

Jess & I will be there, and will be bringing mac salad.