Trumbull Canoe Trails

Trumbull Canoe Trails (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/index.php)
-   Trips (Unofficial) (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Tionesta Creek Camping (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1136)

KenM 04-23-2018 04:16 PM

Is there room for one more tent? Or has this trip filled up?

jimbo 04-23-2018 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenM (Post 4756)
Is there room for one more tent? Or has this trip filled up?

We will make room for you!

Ambridger 04-25-2018 06:54 AM

CHANGE OF PLANS ! MEETING TIME CHANGED TO 10:00 AM

Under the advisement of fellow paddlers that have done Tionesta before, and one such person that ran it last weekend, we will meet at 10AM to unload at Henry's Mills. We will then shuttle to Kelletteville to drop cars, and then return to launch. This will hopefully allow time for some of the morning coolness to burn off, and not have us arriving at camp too darn early.

We have also discussed possibly leaving a vehicle around the half way point, possibly at Minister Creek, in the event of any emergency, as the water is still rather cold.

Ambridger 04-26-2018 09:28 AM

UPDATE ! Thur Apr 26 ! In light of the forecasted cold / rain ... Jodi and I are no longer going to do this trip. With that said, I understand there are folks who may indeed still be willing to go, so I have contacted jimbo and he will now be taking over this trip. I make this decision with a heavy heart, as I was very much wanting to do this, and had invested time and money towards doing so. I hope those who do go have a wonderful time, and I look forward to seeing some pictures.[/COLOR]

jimbo 04-26-2018 10:10 AM

Trip canceled

Talked to others, the weather is going to be just to cold and wet, the trip is canceled.

KenM 04-26-2018 12:41 PM

frowning

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 148

I was getting my food ready. I was hoping it would be a bit warmer also, or at least dry, but was planning to go. Might have lost the window to do the Tionesta now? What a crappy spring. Only a handful of warm spring days in two months... and some were too windy to paddle. Bummed.

-Ken

jimbo 04-26-2018 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenM (Post 4763)
Attachment 148

I was getting my food ready. I was hoping it would be a bit warmer also, or at least dry, but was planning to go. Might have lost the window to do the Tionesta now? What a crappy spring. Only a handful of warm spring days in two months... and some were too windy to paddle. Bummed.

-Ken

How about going Monday & Tuesday

Ambridger 04-26-2018 05:09 PM

Ken, I have a bunch of stuff to put away too. This darn weather, missed better by a few days.

Jim, I will be unable due to work.

erbego 04-28-2018 05:53 AM

I might be up for Tuesday and Wednesday. Will let you know no later than Monday morning, but probably by Sunday evening.

jimbo 04-28-2018 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erbego (Post 4771)
I might be up for Tuesday and Wednesday. Will let you know no later than Monday morning, but probably by Sunday evening.

Erin,
Great to hear you can go! Ken and I are putting a trip together it will be Monday – Tuesday. I will let you know tonight after 7:00 what the plan is.
Jim