Trumbull Canoe Trails

Trumbull Canoe Trails (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   new in warren :) (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/showthread.php?t=126)

jenny_k 05-02-2010 01:09 PM

new in warren :)

hi everyone,

this site rocks! i stumbled upon the same way i stumbled upon trumbull county's metroparks. didnt even know cool stuff existed out here like this! i love to canoe and kayak, and excited to try it out in this area. i usually have gone to mohican or cooks forrest. i am definitely a beginner, no lessons or classes, just hopped in and went. would love to try faster streams/rivers.

anyways, this place is great! nice to meet you all! :)

jen

jenny_k 05-02-2010 01:16 PM

also...

i just read the "about us" page and im very excited to join the club, meet some of you great people, and have some fun :)

JPTolson 05-02-2010 07:14 PM

Welcome to the club, Jenny. There is a trip on Saturday, May 8th, to the Grand River and one on the 23rd to French Creek in Pennsylvania...Hope to see you on the river!

John Paul Tolson

gonegonzo 05-03-2010 06:12 PM

Welcome Jenny ,

Hope to meet you on the river . You'll find the people here very helpful and friendly.

Gonzo

mfdanko99 05-05-2010 09:47 PM

Good to meet you jenny

I live in Champion, which is just north of Warren. Fell free to email me or call, and we can meet up on the mahoning river. I am always going on the mahoning and have it broke down to several section in the warren area. I also hope you join us on our trips.
The more the better
Mike Danko
mfdanko99@yahoo.com
or
330-847-9741

Bfiorentino 08-02-2010 01:03 PM

Mahoning

Mr Danko, Hi Name is Brian. I have done a couple of trips solo this year as I just bought another canoe. I have done the Mosquito Creek from the Eastwood Mall to Giant Eagle in Niles. THis river spills into the Mahoning right at the Police Department in Niles and I am thinking about making it a trip to Youngstown via the Eastwood Mall. THe trip from the mall has several spots where the water can be as shallow as 6inches so I may Just go in at Kennedy Park to start from. If you have done anywhere close to niles in the Mahoning let me know some conditions as I want to seee how it will pan out that way too.:4:

mfdanko99 08-02-2010 10:06 PM

I have never been threw niles on the mahoning or Mosquito creek. I have done the mosquito creek from the damn to the mall.
I have also done the Mahoning from Newton Falls to Warren, and from Mill Creek park and the mahoning come togethor to the other side of 224 in PA.

I would love to meet up with you and do those parts threw niles, always wondered about them.
This weekend I can't I have a wedding in columbus I am going to but after this weekend let me know.

I also no other guys inthe club would love to come as well

Mike Danko

jenny_k 08-13-2010 05:11 PM

hey thanks guys! sounds really fun! i cant believe i havent gone out here yet. a few times this summer ive gone out with some friends from akron and we go to mohican. where is a good place i could go around here that rents kayaks and canoes?

i want to buy my own kayak, but havent yet. :)