Trumbull Canoe Trails

Trumbull Canoe Trails (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/index.php)
-   Trips (Official) (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Moonlight Paddle (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/showthread.php?t=440)

Tim 08-18-2012 06:27 AM

Moonlight Paddle

This year, TCT's Moonlight Paddle will be Friday, August 31 at Pointview Park on Lake Milton. We will start at 8:00pm and hit the water as soon as the moon is up. Hopefully, we have nice weather.
As usual, the club will provide the burgers and hotdogs and all the fixin's for the picnic and get together before we paddle. Anyone who wants to bring a dish to pass, please feel free to do so. Every year we have a great meal with plenty to eat, and plenty of desserts.
I have not been on the lake, so I don't know if there is enough water in the Mahoning to allow us to paddle as far upstream as we have in the past, but I'm sure there will be plenty of lake for us to explore. And, with TCT members usual camaraderie I'm sure a good time will be had, regardless of the weather or water level.
If anyone has any questions, here's my contact info:
tparkin@embarqmail.com cell: 330 257 4012
P.S. the rain date is Saturday, Sept 1 at 8:0pm.

ArtSue21 08-26-2012 04:00 PM

moonlight run

I just paddled over there the other day and water levels are good. Tim and I had a great time on the allegheny, looking forward to Friday!

Susan Holub

mfdanko99 08-27-2012 07:11 AM

I hate to miss this paddle, but Champion is playing Conneaut friday in Conneaut, so I Hope everyone has a goodtime.
Mike Danko

Tim 08-27-2012 06:13 PM

moonlight paddle

I need a gas grill for the moonlight paddle this friday evening. Anyone who has one they could let the club use for the evening, please let me know. You can contact me thru this forum, or give me a call.
Thanks, Tim 330 257 4012

burrowsj 08-28-2012 02:40 PM

I'll be there, but I can't help with the grill.

EAR 08-28-2012 03:42 PM

Hey Tim, You don't have to over do it for this run. Just dogs will be fine. Most years I've been to this run, we just build a fire and cook the dogs on sticks. Every man and woman for themselves!! And with the other stuff people bring, we won't be hungry. If you folks have extra hot dog sticks please bring them along.
I might leave a little before dark and paddle up to the winery. They have a small dock at the bottom of the hill.

Tim 08-28-2012 07:09 PM

Sounds good

Sounds good Ed, hotdogs it is. I'll bring dogs, buns, condiments and soft drinks and cups. I also have a fire ring and wood.
See everyone there. Tim.

richpinky 08-29-2012 07:52 PM

Tim,
Pinky and I will be there, but we will be late. Don't wait of us we will catch up !
See you Friday,
Rich

champ 08-30-2012 09:45 AM

Lake Milton is fine now. we paddled from pointview to Berlin Dam recently. by the big rock it is always low and you have to portage a short distance ( 50 yards or so) the main part of the lake is still high since they drained down Berlin some. we hope to make it friday night for our first paddle with the group

Tim 09-01-2012 06:45 PM

Successful Moonlight Paddle

Thanks to everyone who turned out for this years Moonlight Paddle.
We had 15 boats in total with 20 people and 2 dogs. A few members stayed behind to enjoy the fire while the rest of us paddled as far as we could towards the Berlin dam.
A big thank you to everyone who brought along something to add to the pile of food, especially the snicker doodles, and also for the use of the grill.
As usual, we had too much to eat, some good conversation with good friends and a enjoyable time on the water.
Thanks again everyone. See you at the next club get together.
Tim.