Trumbull Canoe Trails

Trumbull Canoe Trails (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/index.php)
-   Trips (Official) (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ice Breaker Paddle (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1140)

flagsracer9 03-18-2018 10:22 AM

Ice Breaker Paddle

Ice Breaker Paddle
Mahoning River Swift Park to Canoe City

When
- Sunday March 25th

Where
- Canoe City Metro Park 107 N Leavitt RD, Leavittsburg OH 44430

GPS 41.241135, -80.881393

Time- 11 am PLEASE RSVP (330-766-3129 Text or Call) or on website forum

This will be the sixth annual Ice Breaker Paddle, and this year we will be paddling the Mahoning River. We will also be in for a nice treat for this paddle. We are luck to the Mahoning River Adventure Livery offer to do a free shuttle for this event.

For that reason I really need to have a RSVP to give Mahoning River Adventure a count on how many boats and paddler we will have.

We will meet up at canoe city and load up our gear on there trailer and then they will shuttle us to Thomas Swift Park. Once unloaded we will have a nice easy flat water 3.3 mile paddle back to Canoe City.

This is the same section we try to use for the Chilly Chili paddle but do to extreme cold temps the last two years we have only did up and backs from Canoe City.

I hope to see a nice turn out for our first event of the year.

Please RSVP on the website forum or by texting or calling me. 330-766-3129.

Mike Danko

Fifthpig 03-18-2018 07:08 PM

I have every intention of attending

EAR 03-19-2018 02:34 PM

Maybe we should change the name of this run lest the government thinks we are making Leavittsburg a sanctuary city by trying to "break" or disrupt I.C.E.!!! Just say'n. (confession; I watch too many news shows).
Sorry to say I can't make this run, prior family commitment. I don't want to be there when the Fed's show anyway!

SOS57 03-20-2018 01:36 PM

Ice breaker

I plan to be there Sunday. Looking forward to my first run this year.

Tim H 03-21-2018 07:19 AM

I plan to be there.
Tim H

zzrufus1 03-22-2018 06:31 AM

I plan on paddling and bringing my buddy Chuck too.

mfdanko99 03-24-2018 10:04 AM

Thank you to all who have responded. Looks like there will be ten paddlers. I was going to paddle but as luck would have it I hurt me left knee Friday night playing soccer.
I think I will have to retire from playing. My body isn't holding up to well.

SOS57 03-24-2018 07:23 PM

I thought you paddled with your arms Mike. Were you planning a dog paddle?....:60: Better get over it. Next paddle is showing on the 8th

JPTolson 03-26-2018 10:55 AM

Great day to get out

Thirteen hardy souls in 12 kayaks and one lonesome canoe showed up to paddle the club’s icebreaker run, the first official trip of the season. The wind made it a chilly morning in the parking lot at Canoe City where we met to load boats onto Mahoning River Adventures’ trailer and pile into its bus for the shuttle to the put in at Thomas Swift Park. But once on the water, it was very pleasant most of the time with the wind only an occasionally mild nuisance. We covered the route in about an hour and a half, enjoying bright sunshine and cloudless skies the entire way. The gage at Leavittsburg was around 2.94 feet.

It was strange to be on the water without trip leader Mike Danko, who was there with Jessica and his dad Bob Danko to get things organized and to help with the shuttle if necessary. We missed his enthusiastic presence. Mike could not paddle due to a knee injury.

Many thanks to Brad and Chad from Mahoning River Adventures, the new outfitter that will provide rental kayaks and shuttle service out of Canoe City this year, for the complimentary shuttle on this trip. We appreciated it very much. And it was another great day to be on the river.

Jessica posted some pictures in User Albums.