Trumbull Canoe Trails

Trumbull Canoe Trails (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/index.php)
-   Trips (Official) (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Grand River, Sunday March 7th (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/showthread.php?t=548)

clipper1 03-23-2013 10:28 AM

Grand River, Sunday March 7th

We will be meeting at 11:00 at Hidden Valley Park in Madison, Ohio for the TCT scheduled paddle on the Grand River. The section to be paddled will depend on temperature, and water levels, a determination will be made at the time of the meeting;

Air temp over 50 degrees, and water levels 2' or more-
Hidden Valley to Masons Landing in Painesville twp, approx. 12.5 miles
many short sections class 1, three or four sections class 1-2
Air temp sub 50 degrees, water levels 1' - 4' -
Harpersfield covered bridge back to Hidden Valley, approx. 8.3 miles
two or three sections class 1
Air temp sub 50 degrees, and water levels below 1'-
Tote Road acces area Austinburg, to Harpersfield covered bridge, approx. 5 miles. Flat with a section to class 1

With the extreme weather as of late, any planning other than lunch (bringing the Subway party platter again) is pretty futile. Please dress appropriately for conditions forecasted for your date with the Grand. The Grand will challenge and amaze all paddlers, and punish those ignorant and without respect, especially early season. Feel free to call with any questions: Rich (440) 228-3261.

jerry lyda 03-24-2013 07:22 PM

Grand trip

Rich , I hope u had a great float . I have been dealing with back injections , what a pain ! Hope to be back in the boat soon.

burrowsj 03-26-2013 02:16 PM

Rich I think that is supposed to be april 7th. It is listed as march 7th for title.

BTW - I plan on coming.

clipper1 03-28-2013 04:04 AM

Grand River, April 7th not March 7th

Thanks Jonathon, was unable to edit the title heading however, maybe the weather will be a little more paddle friendly in April. Will see you on April 7th.

clipper1 04-02-2013 05:24 PM

Grand River Trip, April 7th

Water Level as of the time of posting is 3 1/2 feet over normal levels, with no rain expected until Sunday. If the water level stays above the 2 feet mark, we'll paddle the section from Hidden Valley to Masons Landing, If water drops below 2 feet; The section from Harpersfield to Hidden Valley. Temps. are forcasted to be between 55 and 60 degrees. Looking forward to paddling with everyone, and we will all miss Jerry, good luck with your "rehab" Jerry! :51::51:

justbrad 04-05-2013 05:30 PM

count me in

Looking forward to the trip. See you on Sunday.

mfdanko99 04-06-2013 07:44 AM

Rich I will also be there, might bring my canoe instead of my kayak.
Mike

JPTolson 04-06-2013 12:13 PM

Rich,

I plan to be there. Looking forward to it.

jp

mfdanko99 04-07-2013 06:34 PM

Rich
Great trip, as always the grand is a great trip. Thanks again for buffet on the canoe.
Got pictures loaded,
Thanks everyone for a great day

clipper1 04-08-2013 05:36 PM

Grand River Trip, April 7th

Trip Report

Fourteen people attended the scheduled TCT paddle on the Grand River, (three guests) and eleven members. Sunshine all day, and a south west wind that gusted to 40 mph with temps to a lofty 67 degrees. Nine Kayaks, and four canoes did the section from Harpersfield to Hidden Valley as the low water levels of one foot on the gauge, kept us off the lower section again this year, though I heard no complaints from my fellow paddlers.