Trumbull Canoe Trails

Trumbull Canoe Trails (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/index.php)
-   Trips (Unofficial) (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   3-11-12 Mahoning River warm up (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/showthread.php?t=380)

mfdanko99 03-13-2012 08:21 PM

3-11-12 Mahoning River warm up

On Sunday March 11, six people ( 5 boats) & one brave dog (Rogue) paddled the Youngstown section of the Mahoning River.
For Matt & Ed this was there first time on this section.
We started by Mill Creek Park, and had two spills at the Marshall Street Bridge rapid. My dad (Bob) was the first to go swimming and Jason followed his lead as both were paddling there new boats for the first time. Every one else made it threw just fine.
Rogue felt bad for them going in, so a little later she jumped ship for a swim as well as trying to tracking down the beaver we seen, but matt said no (bummer for Rogue)
After that we enjoyed a nice relaxing paddle with some fun at the cement plant and made to threw the rebar rapid just fine.
Pulled out at Industrial Street Bridge, in all a great paddle with 60 degree temps.

Mike Danko

Also got some pictures

burrowsj 03-14-2012 06:23 PM

Sorry i missed the fun. It was the last weekend ski trip.
Skiing at 55 deg is sweet.

Jeremy 03-14-2012 06:28 PM

new to your site

My wife and I am new to your site and wanted to get out and see some new rivers and meet some fellow paddlers. We are relatively new to the area and live in Sharon PA; we saw you have a trip planned for Tionesta creek march 31st wanted to go but didn't see a sign up link on the site. What do we need to do to meet up with the group?

Lcassidy001@neo.rr.com 03-14-2012 10:08 PM

Anyone going out on sat let me know

mfdanko99 03-15-2012 05:20 PM

Jonathan, I agree that would be sweet to ski at 55 degree's,
Look forward to paddling with you and chuck.

Jeremy ... you can print out the form on the website and mail it to the PO Box, with the 10 dollars., or Come and paddle with us the 31st and see what you think of us before joining.

I do plan on going out on Sat & Sunday. I plan on calling JP and see when we could do the west fork of the beaver creek. I still think we could get down it with the water level around 4 at Grimms Bridge.
Also I am thinking of doing the Ashtabula river or Conneuat creek, or may Neshannock Gorge.
Please let me know if interested

Mike Danko

debra witowski 03-15-2012 10:29 PM

St Patrick's Day

Even though my kayak is yellow I would interested in a St Patrick's Day Paddle.

rambler 03-16-2012 08:19 AM

Saturday or Sunday

I can't paddle both days, but would like to paddle at least one day this weekend. Any of those rivers Mike mentioned would be great!

Turns out I can't paddle tomorrow -- too much work around the house. But if anyone is looking to go out Sunday, please let me know! Thanks.

Lcassidy001@neo.rr.com 03-16-2012 03:05 PM

river run

let me know wich run can you call me do you need my #

JPTolson 03-16-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfdanko99 (Post 1353)
Jonathan, I agree that would be sweet to ski at 55 degree's,
Look forward to paddling with you and chuck.

Jeremy ... you can print out the form on the website and mail it to the PO Box, with the 10 dollars., or Come and paddle with us the 31st and see what you think of us before joining.

I do plan on going out on Sat & Sunday. I plan on calling JP and see when we could do the west fork of the beaver creek. I still think we could get down it with the water level around 4 at Grimms Bridge.
Also I am thinking of doing the Ashtabula river or Conneuat creek, or may Neshannock Gorge.
Please let me know if interested

Mike Danko

Can paddle Sunday, but not Saturday, Mike. Question is will the West Fork be runnable. It's around 4.35 now....Friday eve around 10 p.m. Anyone else have data or opinion on a minimum level or flow?