Trumbull Canoe Trails

Trumbull Canoe Trails (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/index.php)
-   Trips (Official) (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Clarion River Memorial Day Float (http://www.trumbullcanoetrails.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1626)

DustinSW1627 04-30-2023 08:29 AM

Clarion River Memorial Day Float

Trip Leader- Dustin Noel
When- Monday May 29th
Where-Clarion Forest Canoe Launch - T309, Clarington, PA 15828 (T309 is also called river rd)
This isn't the launch by the ranger station in Cooksburg- It is 4 Miles east of Cooksburg

Time 10:00
Distance- 7.5 Miles
Class I Rapids

Please join Trumbull Canoe Trails and the Noel Family for a Memorial Day paddle down the Clarion River. We will meet Monday May 29th at the first launch on River Rd in Cooksburg PA. Pale Whale calls this the 4 mile launch. We will meet there starting at 10 am unloading the boats. By 10:30 we will shuttle the cars to the take out at Gravel Lick. The first half of this trip will be through the Heart of Cook Forest State Park. There is always the chance to see River Otters on the Clarion. At about the halfway mark we will stop at Pale Whale store for restrooms, food, and Ice Cream. Once we are done at Cooksburg cafe we will continue on down the Clarion leaving Cook Forest State Park and entering into a much less traveled section of the river. This section has an eagles nest that is lovely to see. We will make one more stop at Henry’s Dam to look at this 1860 stone dam made for the logging industry. Some of you(my kids and I for sure) may want to dunk your head under the dam to feel the almost freezing mountain stream. This is a very enjoyable paddle that I hope you will experience once

Ambridger 04-30-2023 05:52 PM

We will be there!

sydney1022 04-30-2023 08:31 PM

Any details on camping up there at the Linger Longer Lodge?

Krisdrlng76 05-03-2023 04:55 AM

Memorial Day Float

Hope to be there and I am also interested in the Linger Longer Lodge. Air B&b shows it is booked that weekend.

ScotsGuards 05-09-2023 03:40 PM

Judy and I are planning to arrive Saturday afternoon for camping at the lodge if possible and staying over for the paddles on Sunday and Monday. very much looking forward to seeing everyone and having a couple of great runs on the river.

Jeff G.

sydney1022 05-22-2023 08:15 AM

Accomodations at Linger

It appears several people have asked about accomodations that were offered at the "Linger Longer Lodge". Has anyone received a response? I am interested too, but have not seen any details or responses. It's quite possible I missed something, though!

JPTolson 05-22-2023 08:29 AM

See Trip Arrangement for May 28th run on the Clarion

Quote:

Originally Posted by sydney1022 (Post 7022)
It appears several people have asked about accomodations that were offered at the "Linger Longer Lodge". Has anyone received a response? I am interested too, but have not seen any details or responses. It's quite possible I missed something, though!

See last paragraph in the trip arrangements for the May 28th run on the Clarion. This was also included in the May newsletter that is emailed to all members.

Ambridger 05-22-2023 06:28 PM

Information about the Linger Longer Lodge is under the Memorial Day Eve thread. It has Curt’s contact information.

sydney1022 05-24-2023 07:54 AM

Sorry!

Hi-

After I sent that message, I found the info. I was looking for. I tried to delete my message, but evidently it didn't didn't erase.

ScotsGuards 05-27-2023 09:24 AM

Monday

Hi all. Due to an unforeseen business issue Judy and I will not be able to make the camping at the Lodge nor the Sunday paddle. We shall be there for the Monday Clarion paddle. Have fun today and tomorrow and we'll see you all bright and early Monday morning a the launch.

Jeff G.