View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking Club Picnic July 10th

This years club picnic will be held at Canoe City in leavittsburg, Ohio. It is located at 74 North Leavitt Road, Leavittsburg, OH 44430

We will meet around 11 am to set up and start out meeting as soon as we can. During our meeting we are having a guest speaker Dana L. Kirk from the USCG Auxiliary & National Department of Vessel Examination and Recreational Boating Safety Visitation.

She will be talking about a course through Paddle sports America. Which deals with safety of your boat and legal Requirements of Boating -vessel registration, hull identification numbers and who may operate a paddle craft. Also boating emergencies and how to handle them. She would also like to go over the new 7012a Paddle-craft Vessel Safety Check form.

Dana contacted Ed & I and asked if she could meet with our club. I would love to see everyone there and see what we can learn and make our self?s better paddlers.

From there we can eat and enjoy our company and gear up for a nice calm but scenic ride down the Mahoning River. We will shuttle up to the Labrae Baseball fields and come back to Canoe City. This a about a 2 hour ride, and if anyone has trailers to help haul boats to the starting point it would be appreciated if you bring them.

Also the club should be supplying hot dogs and hamburgers, so if there are any extra goodies you would to bring please do so. If you want to can email me and let me know who is bring what so I can try to keep track.
mfdanko99@yahoo.com
Mike Danko

mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote