View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 09:23 AM   #6
Hugh Clark

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up Appreciative River Watchers

TCT,
Thanks for attending in spite of the nasty weather. That morning, I was giving serious thought to paddling to Hawaii...I'm not sure, ultimately, how many people were there, but I know for a fact we served 180+ hot dogs!

The Pymatuning Park manager is now lowering the pool in the lake, so flows will be strong the rest of the fall.

The next weekend, on Saturday, with great weather, there was a mixed group of 20 paddlers putting in, followed by a Boy Scout troop of 18. This has not happened on the Shenango for more than 30 years!

With many fewer canoes than kayaks, all the known "accidents" were canoes; 3 spills, and one canoe t-boning another while the first was stuck on a log jam.

The contractor doing the removal work (hiring Amish as subs) has now floated the lower half, and will give us a target number for next year's clean-up, Greenville to Big Bend (just above Lake Shenango Res).

We're also working on a Boy/Girl Scout Camporee for June; camp Friday night in Pymy Park, float Saturday, and camp Saturday night in Riverside Park. There is room for Ohio scouts...

Hugh Clark, for Shenango River Watchers and Lions Clubs of Jamestown and Greenville.
Hugh Clark is offline   Reply With Quote