Thread: Hello New guy!
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 09:48 PM   #1
Erik1969

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Hello New guy!

Hello everyone. I am Erik Blohm and have been checking out your group for a little while. It looks like a good place to meet others to paddle. I have been whitewater/sea kayaking for 10 years now.
Local Rivers I have run.
-Cuyahoga most of it including gorge and Kent section(many times).
-Rocky River West branch (II+)
-Big Creek near Chardon (very nice class III)
-Chagrin Aurora branch (nice class II+)
-Grand River many times and play at Harpersfield wave whenever it is in! I once paddled it on a warm October evening Harpersfield to Hidden valley with the full moon lighting the way awesome!
-Ashtabula
-Neshannock and Bear Creek LOVE BEAR!!! (Steve Z showed me those! Thanks Steve)
-Slippery Rock Kennedy Mill to Eckert or Harris maybe 100+ times (I really love the Slip!)
-Yough many times
-I love to surf kayak on Lake Erie at Walnut beach and Headlands.
-Cheat Narrows, Lower Moose, Ocoee, Nantahala.
-I once ran Mill creek below Lanternman to silver bridge. Does anyone know how the park views this? We did it stealth.
Anyway I am not bragging by any means! Just want to say I am experienced.

I Live in Garrettsville and have run Silver Creek many times. The section is only .75 miles long but at higher levels approaches II+ (the dam and falls are III+) a real nice surf wave sets up on it! I am starting to work on promoting it as a Whitewater play run.

While I like easy class IV I also enjoy the Clarion and local class I-II and flatwater at local lakes. I have 4 girls (10,9,7,5) and a boy 13 and want to get them into moving water this summer locally. I am going to buy a Canoe to get them started. I am not a canoe'er! I am a pilot and have a lot of weekdays off but no partners so I often paddle solo. Anyway I look forward to meeting and running some local stuff!
Erik1969 is offline   Reply With Quote