View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 08:52 PM   #1
swampboy62

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Saturday easy whitewater

Tough year for mountain biking. The rain makes the trails too soft to ride. Driving me absolutely nuts.

But on the bright side there should be some water in the creeks, and I'm thinking of getting out Saturday and doing an easy trip.

Lower Slippery Rock Creek is a lot of fun at lower levels. There are about a zillion eddies to catch, a bunch of small surf waves, and some decent class II rapids. I'm kind of hoping for a level between 300 and 550 cfs on the Wurtemburg gauge.

But the weather forecasts call for a chance of rain each day between now and then. If there gets to be more than 550 cfs in the Slip I'm out. If East Sandy comes up that would be a good alternative. If it REALLY rains there might be a chance for something else (Bear? Deer?)

All else fails we could always check Beaver Creek and do the upstream section from Lusk Lock to Fred'town.

Just gonna watch the weather and the gauges, and be ready to hit whatever is appropriate on Saturday. Post up if you're in so the shuttle can be figured out.

Steve Z
swampboy62 is offline   Reply With Quote