View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 12:41 PM   #2
swampboy62

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

BTW the map I use to check if creeks are running in western PA is one that I made about 8 years ago. It shows the class II & better whitewater watersheds in the western half of PA, along with the USGS gauges, county lines etc etc.

The idea is that with decent 24 hour precip maps available on the internet (see Accuweather, for one) you can compare areas of heavy precip with the map and see what watersheds are going to get the action. Since I developed this map I seldom get skunked chasing water, though it still does happen on occasion.

I used to sell paper copies of these maps, but no longer have access to the big color printer. And there used to be a website that hosted low res versions of the map (along with whitewater maps I made for northern Alabama, northern Georgia, eastern Kentucky, Adirondacks of New York, western North Carolina, eastern PA, eastern Tennessee, western Virginia, and West Virginia/western Maryland) - but they're no longer there.

After some consideration I've decided to just give the high res pdf images away to whoever wants them. They're suitable to print on 24x36 paper (if you feel like putting out $50 to a print shop for a color copy) or you can just use them on your computer for reference.

This is the first place I'm going to try this - send me an email and I'll send you a pdf file of the map you want.

Steve Z
swampboy62 "AT" yahoo.com
swampboy62 is offline   Reply With Quote