View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 08:28 PM   #1
gonegonzo

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default I'm Comming Back

WOW , It's been a toooooo long hiatus . Due to health issues I've been out of commission for the last 6 years . Now , with light at the end of the tunnel , I'm happy to say I'm coming back to the sport .

I was heavily involved in Canoeing back I the 1970's to 1990's and occasionally up until 2010 . Even though I'm not the drop of a hat /ready to go person I once was , this year will break the hiatus and I'll go as much as I can.

I live in Wellsville , Ohio . I'm about 7 miles from the west fork of Beaver Creek . I've canoed all sections of Beaver Creek since the 1970's . There are many trips on the creek that the average persons aren't aware of including a couple of 2 day trips .

Besides Beaver Creek I also heavily canoed many small streams in Oh. Wv. and Pa. that many wouldn't know was there . Also included are the Clarion , Allegeheny , Toby creek , Susqauhana , Yellow Creek , Smoke Hole Canyon and even a trip to BWCA back in the 90's .

Well , enough of the I've been there / done that . I'm just happy to say that as soon as weather permits , I'm digging my Old Town Discovery out of the weeds and repairing / replacing the thwarts and hoping the the Discovery material isn't damaged .

As soon as possible (50's and sunny to start) I plan to reinitiate my trips while still able . I'm 65 , retired and coping with old age setting in ( bad feet and A-Fib) . I'm ready to live life to the most fullest as much as I can.

One trip still is on my mind and has been for years . HAS anyone been on Mill Creek from Western Reserve Rd to Rt. 224 ? It looks to be a sleeper .

I hope to see you on the river .

Tom DeLauder Sr. / aka Gonzo
gonegonzo is offline   Reply With Quote