View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 01:04 PM   #4
swampboy62

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Turns out there was a change of plans on Saturday, so I didn't have the time needed for the trip I had planned. I did head down to Sprucevale and hike up to the surf wave on Little Beaver Creek for a bit of play on the wave.

But on Sunday my wife and I took the day off, and part of that was her running shuttle for a trip from Lusk Lock down to Sprucevale. With water levels right at 1000 cfs there was plenty of water below route 7, but there were places upstream from there that were a bit bony. It was about 10 miles on the water and almost couldn't have been better.

The surf wave down by Sprucevale was just about perfect on Sunday. The tree that had been in the eddy is gone, and it seems that the wave itself is slowly changing into a more even and better surfing wave. The eddy service was amazing Sunday, with a long narrow bank eddy that would feed you right back into the head of the wave. This is an excellent place for us semi-skilled kayakers to get some great surf and feel like a rock star!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVCV6g-h-4g

Steve Z
swampboy62 is offline   Reply With Quote