Thread: Sat. Trip?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 07:55 AM   #7
wardie

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Carsons Landing paddle

Went to Carsons Landing and got there right at 11:30am. Stayed until 11:45..no others showed up so I was free to change my plan. Carsons Landing was high and dry due to the lake being drained so bad. Looked for a place to put in and decided none in that area were any good. Went up towards Shillings Mill area, made a left and went all the way down almost to Route 224. There's a little road that runs parallel to the causeway on 224. I took that road down to the lake where my friend and I put the canoe in and paddled north along the shore. It got very shallow in some spots. I got the great idea to time ourselves going across the lake and it took about 22 minutes of steady but easy paddling. I did find out that when you're in the middle of the lake and a Bass boat goes flying by it's best to nose into the wake and hold on to the sides. Did about a mile all total and we were both surprised that the boat turned well condsidering it's a tub a Coleman Ram X. Ha,ha good thing too I tend to bash it on the shore. Anyways a couple hours on the lake on a beautiful day was very pleasureable. Wardie

Admns: I trieed twice to upload photos and both times it said upload failed?

Last edited by wardie; 11-15-2010 at 07:57 AM. Reason: spelling
wardie is offline   Reply With Quote