Thread: YSU Membership
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 03:11 PM   #2
Paladin1aa

Ed

A few points --

For the meeting, ask them to bring a copy of the waiver. We may require them to add the CLUB to it, since they are seeking "Institutional" membership.Second, any discussion of the money is not relevant -- its not a donation and MEMBERS decide what to do with MEMBERSHIP dues and thats what the money would be. The financial-- liability tie isn't always correct, legally speaking. I would think that a more thorough discussion with reps from both parties is in order. I wouldn't want to pass on the money if they are getting something from the club and looking at it long term, want those students to be prospects for future members of the club after graduation, etc.

Would be willing to attend meeting, if my "schedule" PERMITS (LOL). This is similar to my former job in handling negotiations with schools /Universities . POsition of the club is that whatever is discussed requires an affirmative vote from the club to ratify for an agreement with YSU anyway, if "Institutional" membership( and what that entails) is acceptable to all parties.

Considering the "relationship" that YSU wants may entail the draft of a memorandum of understanding to clear up relationship and questions that are spelled out for both parties.
Paladin1aa is offline   Reply With Quote