View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #8
Tim

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Mike and I did attend the meeting in Newton Falls. Besides the two of us , there were a couple of Newton Falls council members, and another gentleman from a canoeing group from PA. Zac did a good job of presenting what the county is promoting. The parts of the Mahoning under discussion are all parts that our club now regularly use. The proposed water trail would start at Foster Park and include Newton Falls Park, Braceville Preserve MetroPark, Thomas Swift MetroPark which is a new park scheduled to open this year, Canoe City ,that we are all familiar with, Burbank Park and end at Packard Park in Warren. The trail will cover approx. 23 miles and have 6 put-in/take-outs with improvements to the put-ins for easier access where needed. I apologize for not putting something in earlier and I hope this helps the overall discussion and clears up any misconceptions about the water trail. One of the council members ( I think he was a councilman, I'm really not sure) was sure this was just a land grab for the county. Anyways, I hope this helps. See everyone at the party.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote