View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #10
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up The Mahoning is GREAT

The Water trail would be great, Like tim said it's what we already do, but with more area's for take in and out. Plus two emergency takes out if need.

The one park, Thomas Swifty is right by the Labrae baseball field where I held a trip, and I only had good feed back on that trip.

From Foster to Newton fall is mostly wooded and lots of green on the banks, execpt downtown newton falls. It's still clean, but you still see stuff.

From there to Canoe city is 95 percent woods and fields and very peaceful and pretty.

From Canoe City to Packard isn't bad. Yes is is Urban, but in the many years I have canoed it I never had trouble. We did this section this summer as well, and I plan on it next year, but I want to pull out at burbank park instead of packard. Becuase after burbank the river gets real wide and really slows down.

The Section of Mahoning in Y-town is great. We start at mill creek and go all the way into PA. This year alone I have been down this scetion so many times with the club offical runs, and with Chuck Miller. Never had trouble, the one spot to take out is now better due to a new bridge that was built before you hit the damn in struthers.

You can barely tell your in Y-town, there are lots of green on the shore and you site so far down in the water no one knows you there. Plus from mill creek to struthers there are three great rapids to play in. Specially the Marshall street bridge.

I am Proud to kayak/Canoe the mahoning and I bet if you ask more members in the club who have done it; they will agree.
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote