View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 06:20 PM   #2
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

My Personal Paddling Low's for me

1-The passing of Ron Eells. This was really hard for me personally. He was one of my mentors that really helped me be a better paddler and whitewater paddler for kayaking and solo canoeing. I really miss just talking to him and his way of teaching me the do's and don't. He always told me he would chuckle as I had many failed attempts on what we were working on but was so proud when I would finally get it and see me actually use the skill in a paddle

2-Ashtabula River-Not being about to paddle my favorite whitewater river in 2021. The river gods and my work schedule never Aline.

3-Bronitis for most of September and October kept me out of my Canoe.

Personal High's for me

1-Little Beaver Creek-Being with Ron on his last paddle. Knowing we were with him on his home creek for the last time. Something we never saw coming. Thanks to JP, Bruce & Diane & Jessica for a great day. Glad I called of work for that paddle

2-Connoquenessing Creek-Getting Mike, Ralph, Garret & Marty down the first assent down the whitewater section

3-Clarion River-Lots of good paddling during our Honeymoon. We can now say we have paddled the whole river from Ridgeway to Mill Creek Launch

4-Connoquenessing Creek-New section of the upper Connie with Bruce & Diane

5-Mahoning River-Marshall St Rapid-Jessica and myself spent an whole afternoon playing in one of my favorite rapids. Lots of good maneuvering stokes, Surfing and many different ways through the rapid due to higher water levels 2.8 ft USGS West Ave

6- Mahoning River-Lovers Lane Cemetery to Packard Park
. Many paddles with Jessica. Great paddle and only 10-15 minutes from the house

Club High's and Low's
Club Low's for me

1-The passing of Ron Eells. This was really hard for me personally. He was one of my mentors that really helped me become a better paddler. Especially a whitewater paddler for kayaking and solo canoeing.

2-Missing several club Paddles due to bronchitis in September & October.

3-Low Water canceled-
But they were moved to our back ups. (Neshannock Creek & Beaver Creek)

4-Having several club paddles canceled Allegheny Camping & Lake Newport

Club High's for me

1-Club Picnic/Planning Meeting. It was so nice to get to see everyone for the first time as a group. Just getting to be around great friends and family made it really special. As well as the Wedding cake for Jessica and Myself paddling over a waterfall. (Thank You)

2-Mahoning River Youngstown- This is my favorite section of the Mahoning River. It has 4 great rapids in a five mile section. It's always an adventure that has spills and thrills and a nice tunnel paddle up Crab Creek.

3-Chilly Chili Paddle. I love getting together in December for this event. The Chilly, the Paddle, The Fire, Friends & Family; what else can I say!!!

Hope to see others High's and Low's
Thank you JP for starting a great tradition
Mike

Last edited by mfdanko99; 01-07-2022 at 06:22 PM.
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote