View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
clipper1

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default 2011 scheduled event idea's

Greetings members and Guests,

Thought I would post a few Idea's for scheduled events for this upcoming year as our yearly planning meeting is right around the corner. Weather and water conditions played a big part last year, but all have to agree, their were a couple of paddling events that stood out above the others for various reasons.

1.) Paddling in the dark intentionally, was new to me this year until I went on the TCT's moonlight run. Way too much fun, even with the "storm from hell".

2.) Overnight Camping with the people who are the TCT, is an experiance all to itself. I for one could handle another weekend on the Allegheny were we can count on good water levels mid summer. Maybe the section from Tidioute to Tionesta with a lunch stop.

3.) There is a lot of very good fisherman and photograpers in this club, who would love to participate in some sort of TCT fishing, or photgraphy tournament where bragging rights are at stake. More than a few "competitors" in this club.

4.) A TCT club picnic and paddle, is always a winniner. When some sort of theme is introduced, such as costumes, or water cannons, or some other distraction, the characters of the TCT, and there are plenty: always show their full colors.

5.) I would be happy to host another "Paddle for the Pasta Paddle" on the Grand River again this year (spring), if there was favorable response from TCT members.

River's too paddle: Upper Cuyahoga from Hiram north to rt 322.
** Clarion (Cook's forest area)
French Creek (below Sagertown)
Tionesta Creek (above Kelletsville)
** West Branch Susquehanna (below shawville)

** possible overnighter.

Just my wish List, but would love to hear from other members on their favorite paddling places and Ideas. See ya in the Spring...

Rich
clipper1 is offline   Reply With Quote