View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 08:07 PM   #2
JPTolson

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Thanks, Rich, for officially launching the "hot stove" paddling season. Winter is a great time for daydreaming about spring rivers, when the steely blue water is up and running swift and clear and the sun is climbing higher in the sky. What a neat set of ideas to rev TCT up for the coming year.

The fishing tournament sounds like a blast. I used to take part in one with buddies on the North Fork of the Shenandoah River each year. (Usually came in last.) I think you may be the quiet ringer of club photographers judging from your album of Grand River shots. They are gorgeous and superbly composed. And I really want to paddle the Grand this year since I couldn't make the trip last year.

Here's my 2011 paddling wish list.

1. West Fork of Little Beaver Creek from Gavers to the Middle Fork and down to Beaver Creek State Park. Too much probably for a day trip, but at least from Gavers to West Point.

2. North Fork of Little Beaver. Would love to try running the Tubs if water levels were ok and it looks doable.

3. The Grand. Section run by TCT last year. And post paddle pasta sounds terrific!

4. More of the Allegheny come summer once the smaller streams get too low. Would love to float it for smallmouth.

5. Wouldn't mind a doing a couple other class two runs on small streams
early in the year. Neshannock Creek sounds interesting.

6. Any PFD (no, not the kind we've been talking about on the bulletin board and at our meetings)–a Personal First Descent since I'm still learning about all the streams and rivers of this area.

7. For a full moon and clear skies on the Midnight Paddle OR doing the Midnight Run at the peak of the Perseid meteor shower in August.

8. To convert one kayaker to a t-gripper.

Last edited by JPTolson; 01-14-2011 at 10:11 PM.
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote