Thread: River Fest
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2022, 04:22 PM   #5
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Trip Review

It turned out to be a wonderful day at River Fest 2022. I need to Thank Friends of the Mahoning for having an online sign up to help work the dock. I counted 9 different volunteers through our 4 and half hours of giving rides.

BIG Thank you goes to all who came to help this event. Lin Bowden & Rae Novotny worked the tent. Patty Allen worked the Life Vest station & Bob K was the dock supervisor.
We had 5 Canoes manned by Ed Rigby, John Paul Tolson "JP", Rich Allen, Steve Preston, & Myself.
We had 1 kayaker guiding the public Jessica Danko.

I know it can be stressful but it does means a lot to the friends and the public. TCT got a lot of recognition on the news and newspapers.
We were able to give 126 rides during the event with Minnie being in her 90's
Jessica had a Student from Mexico (Yes Mexico) that is interning in Ohio.
I had a couple of teens visiting the grandparents from San Francisco & Chicago Area's.

I had several Youngstown Residents on the river for the first time and all had smiles. I did worry a lady from Hubbard as I jumped of the dock to cool off and get back in the canoe. She told Bob K she isn't sure she should go with me :)

Great Day at a great event. We have a rock solid process that works. Thank you again to all who came.
Mike

Last edited by mfdanko99; 06-13-2022 at 07:30 PM.
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote