View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 11:32 AM   #4
KenM

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default K & c 2019

Ken and Cheryl Year in review 2019

Looking back over my 2019 paddle records was a bit disheartening. Since that first year in 2011 (when we didn't yet know where all to paddle) this was the least we paddled. We have logged in from 150-260 miles in a season. For 2019 I show about 98 miles total for the season. Wow. What happened? I know we got a very late start with a cool and wet spring. And then the summer heat kicked up. Since we do paddle lakes and backwater we sometimes pass if it's too breezy. We passed up a number of trips to local lakes. I did take on a couple of earth-moving projects here at home (like the driveway restoration) that kept me busy.

We did paddle seven times with TCT for a total of 56 miles. Two trips I particularly liked was the Oil Creek paddle and another trip on the Little Beaver. I wouldn't have gotten those trips in if not for TCT.

Our two "biggest trips" of the season were in May. We got in another 20 mile overnight trip on the upper Grand River. Then we had a hiking trip planned at Cumberland River State Park in KY. We left a couple of days early (with kayaks) and stopped at Grayson Lake State Park in eastern KY for two days of paddling. This has to be one of the most spectacular places to paddle in the eastern US. And we had two perfect weather days! There had been lots of rain earlier so the waterfalls were still running as we paddled along the sandstone cliffs. I took lots of video and photos of course and have the (daunting) chore of trying to put together a video. Stay tuned for that.

Ken and Cheryl
KenM is offline   Reply With Quote