Thread: Mahoning River
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking Mahoning River

Since I was unable to join anyone on a side trip due to have things to do in the am and early pm. I went to the Mahoning with the canoe , rope, hand saw and a come-a-long.
In the section from Foster to Swift I knew of three major jams. Well they are no more a problem. Even the jam by the golf course is now open about half the width of the river.
In my time of cutting and pulling logs I had 9 kayaks pass me and thank me for cleaning the water way. I got to meet Dustin our web master and see and old friend from high school.
The one that tickled me to death was a couple from Mentor Ohio came down to paddle the Mahoning water trail from Rotary Park to Canoe city. They had the map the we been passing out to all the other park district in Northeast Ohio and thought it would be different. They said they are really impressed and loved having the Mile Marks on the water.

I think we are heading in the right direction with the river and I mean both section the Trumbull and Mahoning.

I plan on going from foster to rotary before the club and seeing what I can clean up by myself so we can get the water trail 100% passable for 2013.

Mike Danko
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mfdanko99 For This Useful Post:
JPTolson  (04-29-2013)