View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 10:04 AM   #12
KenM

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Shenango Paddlefest Water Levels Revisited

Shenango Paddlefest Water Levels Revisited

I need to revise my above statement about the water released for this event. Apparently they do NOT always have a small release for this event. This was the 6th time Ken and Cheryl did the SRW Paddlefest. It was the lowest level that I remember. Actually the river was at a normal level of around 4.78 ft (115 cfs). I was told once that this was the minimum cfs the dam could release do to water requirements downstream. The good news is that this section can be paddled at this level. There are a few logs and rocks to avoid (or scrape). It's just quicker and more fun when there's 5" more water.

Looking back on my notes, of the 6 times we've attended this event (out of 10 events) the water was higher for 4 paddles.

It was still a nice paddle.

Ken

ps... K & C were planning to do the Kokosing River with a group from ODNR Scenic Rivers. The planned trip was supposed to be 6 miles. When I checked the map it was only 3 miles. The organizer had some bogus river mileages. Too far to drive 2 hours for a 1-1/2 hour paddle. We elected to go the Shenango instead.
KenM is offline   Reply With Quote