View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #13
clipper1

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default TCT Foxburg Run

Thanks Mike for posting the wounderful Pics. Those perfect weather days on the water are so far and few in between, and your Pictures really capture the flavors of the day, must of been taking lesson's from JP. One of my favorite things about this club, is not just the willingness of it's members to participate, but all those who come forward when help is requested. I had requested another trailer to assist in the shuttling, and three trailers show up in addition to my own. A special thanks to Steve Preston who loaded his mini van beyond capcity more than once in the double shuttle.
Twentysix members and seven guests and Rogue (maybe we should consider Rogue and Crash members), on yet another beautiful TCT Foxburg trip. 74 degrees at put-in and 85 degrees at the take-out at Parker. Warm enough to swim but comfortable for the rest without breaking a sweat. In fact, other than the trip leader; being thirty minutes late for unknown reasons, we could not of had a better day. We hit the water at 10:50, and arrived five minutes early for our reservations at noon at the Allegheny Grille. Some of our menbers even purchased wine at the Foxburg Winery for their spouses at home, although it is not known if it actually made it there. Yes, and sadly, making the run were three canoes and twentyeight kayaks.

Rich
clipper1 is offline   Reply With Quote