View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 10:51 AM   #3
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default High/Low points

My Club Trips High Points

1-New Rivers,
-Tuscarawas- Very scenic river with a nice current with twist and turns. Had lunch by an old log cabin that was fun to walk around. Also having the club pay for the shuttle.

-Downtown Pittsburgh- Getting to paddle downtown in such a urban area turned out to be so cool. The bridges were amazing and going around an island made it feel like a small river for a section. Passing the stadiums and paddling up to WWII sub was amazing. Made my 17ft canoe
feel like a Micro Machine!!!

-Section of the Shenango. Getting to use the new launch (Mcquiston ) down to Millennium was a new section of the Shenango.

2-Having Jerry & Billie Lyda's grandkids on several trips. They are so much fun to be around as they bring out the little kid in me.

3-Paddling in the Snow Chilly Chili Paddle

4-Geting Hot chocolate and Pizza on the snow covered paddle on the Grand River

5- Any time I am on Beaver Creek to the Ohio River.

Low Points

1- Missing river fest
2- Canceling French Creek
3-Only doing 6 miles on the tusc instead of 8 miles.
4-Not being able to Camp with Jessica and Rich at Headwaters. Hate getting sick!!

High Points personally

1-West Fork of Beaver Creek, a hard section to catch, & warm weather. This was a very special paddle for me as I had a rough couple of months before hand. Thank you JP, Ron & Jessica for a trip that I really needed.

2-Connoquenning Creek Whitewater section with Bruce & Diane join us in there canoe.

3-Ashtabula River Whitewater Section

4-Mahoning River Downtown Youngstown Memorial Day Weekend

5-Thanksgiving & Christmas paddles with Jessica on the Mahoning River

Having the Mahoning River as our home river.
- She offers a little bit of everything from slow current with great scenic views with bald eagles, muskrats & river otters to swift water and rapids. I Only hope members realize how lucky we are to have the Mahoning.

Also having so many rivers in our region. Only drive a hour or so and have so many choices. Other clubs in the nation don't have what we have

I am very thankful for TCT as it has showed me so many river I would have never done until the club showed me them. Thank you to all!!!

Last edited by mfdanko99; 12-30-2016 at 11:14 AM.
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mfdanko99 For This Useful Post:
JPTolson  (12-30-2016), Mary Kane  (01-09-2017)