View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 05:40 PM   #6
flagsracer9

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

My personal highlights

1- Connoquenessing Creek with Bruce, Diane and Mike & finally getting to "meet" Roster Tail Rapid. I didn't know it would be possible for my favorite river to get higher on the list, but the end section I hadn't done before set as even more of a clear winner.

2-West Branch of Beaver Creek- very unseasonably beautiful weather and a scenic and fun section of river at a much needed time.

3- Joking with Rich that we needed a fire and hot chocolate at the half way point of the Grand River.... And then paddling up to hot chocolate & pizza. I will forgive him for no fire.

Low Points

1-Cancelling French Creek- This trip is not only a favorite because its a great trip with beautiful scenery, but also because to me, I consider it our anniversary.

2-Missing Pine Creek due to not being able to get the time off work(it was cancelled anyway due to weather, so it would have been on the "low point" list either way)

3-Missing the Upper Connoquenessing twice... once since I had other plans when they went there instead of Pine Creek and then due to low water in the fall.
flagsracer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flagsracer9 For This Useful Post:
JPTolson  (01-16-2017), Mary Kane  (01-19-2017)