View Single Post
Old 07-26-2023, 12:15 PM   #12
KenM

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default A fun weekend...

Cheryl and I had a fun weekend. We got to the lake Friday afternoon hoping to paddle the north part of the lake from the Wilson launch. Unfortunately it was too windy to comfortably paddle. We headed for the camp to find Stan, Steve and Linda already set up. They were there during the storm on Thursday afternoon. Eventually more campers showed up.

The Saturday morning safety training was good. Mark did a really great job with his presentation. I expected to just observe the CPR training part but as it turned out we all participated. This was good to do although I can't say I feel "qualified" to do this procedure. But in a pinch, at least I have a good idea of what to do.

As usual, there was waaay too much food at the picnic.

We paddled a couple of times from camp Saturday evening. The lake was a bit choppy but settled down later on. There was a good crowd at camp Saturday. Thanks to Dustin for arranging this. It was good to have some time chat with other members.

The paddle on the Shenango Sunday was nice. Lots of shade and a pretty good current for a low water level. This is a very curvy section of river. K & C have done this section nine times that I can recall. We are always amazed at some of the strange currents that will grab the stern of your boat and just turn you around. You have to do a good bit of paddling even with approx. 1.5 mph current. At the end of the 9.2 mi paddle it's good to see the park at Greenville.

---KenM
KenM is offline   Reply With Quote