View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 05:11 PM   #10
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

FOXBURG Trip Report
Trumbull Canoe Trails
8-24-14

The Allegheny River is very high for this time of the year. At Saturday 8-23-14 at 6pm it is at 4.51 ft with a flow of 11,600 cfs.
The river is forecasted to drop a little but not a whole bunch.
That is a lot of water moving with a strong current.
I want to make everyone aware it is moving fast and it will be a easy paddle due to the fast current.
With that in mind I am asking everyone to bring throw ropes if you have them, and even a rope to tie to your boat in case it need towed or you tow another boat.
At these levels having boat control is important and staying in a group and helping each other at the take out / put in at fox burg is really important!!
Once we get to the mouth of the clarion we can see if our swimming area is still in the Eddie where it is safe. If we do swim and jump of the bridge wall I strongly advise one of us taking turns with a throw rope in hand incase anyone needs help.

We have reservations at noon at the fox burg inn, and if you don’t want to paddle due to the water level you are more than welcome to come join us for lunch and walk around the town.

My records show the highest we have done this run is 6,000 CFS in 2010. So again be warned the river is up and moving swiftly.

Mike Danko
Trip Leader
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote