View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 07:23 PM   #1
EAR

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Chilly Chili Run

Hi Folks. The polar vortex is upon us. Mid November feels like mid January! But, no matter what the weather, we will be having the annual Chilly Chili Run on December 7th at Canoe City Park in Leavittsburg. We'll start about 11 and try to get the food set up and then go for a paddle about noon. If the weather is good, I'll go up to Swift Park and paddle down to Canoe City. If it's bad, we'll do an up and back to Eagle Creek.
Now I love the Chilly Run for a couple reasons. One is the nut factor part. People out paddling in the cold weather. The other is the FOOD! Who doesn't like a bowl of hot chili on a cold day? I do! And cornbread and cookies and all the other goods too. I'll be making a pot of chili to bring to the run. Mine will be mild in spiciness. We could use a couple more pots of chili and some of the other stuff for the winter picnic. Some firewood too. I think we will be able to use the building again this year so we will have electric and be able to keep the food out of the weather. I'll double check with Zac to make sure.
Remember, this is a cold water paddle so dress accordingly. This section of the Mahoning is flatwater with a few downed trees to maneuver around. We will also have a short meeting following the run.
Come to paddle or just come to hang out with the group and eat. I hope to see a lot of faces there.
Ed
jimbo  (11-18-2014), JPTolson  (11-17-2014)