Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Club Picnic

Club Picnic-Canoe City -Mahoning River
When- Sunday July 10th

Where- 147 N Leavitt Rd, Leavittsburg, OH 44430
GPS 41.241675,-80.881140

Time ? 11am
This year we will have our club picnic at Canoe City. It is part of the Trumbull County Metro Park system and unofficial home base for TCT.

We will meet up around 11 am and get the food going and have a lunch together. TCT will provide Hotdogs, Hamburgers, Buns, plates, plastic utensils. We will be using the grills that canoe city has and will be cooking with charcoal.

Members are always welcome to bring some side dishes and any deserts. Always bring something you like to drink.

We also be finishing the TCT 2016 Schedule. Our open dates are.

July-24th (Really want to do the Mahoning Y-town Section)
September 25th
October 9th & 23rd

Any one wants to lead a trip please do so.

Some idea?s I have for possible trips

Mahoning River-Youngstown Section, Lowellville to Edinburg, Foster Park To Rotary Park Newton Falls.(It is passable with one portage, I need to trim it to make it easier for wider boats)

Shenango River-Kids Mill down to Reservoir, West Middlesex all the way down to New Castle has some great sections.

Mahoning/Beaver River-Start at Edinburg and finish at Rock Point Boat Club on the corner of Beaver River and the Connie.

Tuscarawas River- Upper or Lower sections, and use one of two canoe liveries on the tusc

After all the Festivities we will set up a shuttle down to Packard Park and then come back to Canoe City and Paddle a nice easy 5 mile section with one easy class I rapid.
( Lovers Lane Rapid)

Direction update
If you are taking 5/82 by pass around warren going west, you will need to get off at the St Rt 422/Parkman Rd exit.
Turn left.
At first light you will see a circle K
Make a right turn on to North Leavitt Rd go 1.5 miles Canoe City will be on the right side.

If you are coming Rt 5 east from turnpike or Newton Falls you can still get off at the Market Street exit and come to the first light and make a left on to North Leavitt.

Mike
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote