Thread: Club Picnic
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 07:34 AM   #10
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Picnic Review

What an amazing event and day.
The Picnic went perfect with tons of good food and great company. The weather was perfect just around mid 80's.
We had a total of 36 members and some guest for the picnic and the meeting.

It was nice to see Alan Adair former President back in action with the club, as he brought records from TCT History.

The meeting was short and sweet. We got the last four dates filled. (will post when I get my notes)
It was nice to have some members who wanted to stay at Canoe City so we didn't have to rush to clean up.
We did two separate shuttle, one lead by Bob Danko and shortly after I did the second.

Once we hit the water we had 20 boats with 23 paddlers. 4 Canoes, 2 two person kayaks, and, 14 kayaks.

I have found the section from Canoe City to Packard Park is a better paddle with lower water levels. With the lower water levels the current picks up and makes for a great paddle. At higher levels it loses a lot of current as the river widens out. At lower water levels it stays in the main channel. The total mileage for the paddle just about 6 miles.
USGS at Leavittsburg 3.08 ft with 317 cfs.

After the paddle a small group of twelve returned to Canoe City and fired up the grill and had dinner. (Rich & Patty, Mark & Jodi, Tom Peterson & Family, Sue R, Kristian, Jessica & myself).
We all sat around and talked about past adventures and just sit back and relax. I didn't leave Canoe City until 7:45 pm.

Thanks to all who made this picnic a great day!!!
Mike

Last edited by mfdanko99; 07-11-2016 at 08:22 AM.
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mfdanko99 For This Useful Post:
Ambridger  (07-12-2016), jimbo  (07-12-2016), JPTolson  (07-11-2016), Mary Kane  (07-11-2016), richpinky  (07-12-2016), suram  (07-12-2016)