View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 05:07 PM   #10
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking Review

What an amazing day with Temps near 70, and enough water to make a great float. USGS at Rouseville was 3.26 at the start of the paddle and down to 3.20 at the end.
My paddle zero will be 3.0 ft. on the USGS gauge.
I was surprised by the current of this creek. We made 9.71 mile in 2 hours and 23 minutes of paddling time. (Not including lunch) An average of 14.42 minutes per mile and our fastest mile was 13.45.
This by far is a great easy paddle for all skill levels. It reminded me of Tionesta Creek and parts of French Creek.

What a turn out for a farther than normal day trip. We had a total of 28 paddlers in 24 boats (20 Kayaks & 4 Canoes). It was so nice to see many old friends and get to catch up with.
It was also really nice to see some new members make there second trip with the club. Dustin paddle his canoe with his three daughters, while Fred and Julie paddled there sit on tops.

The shuttle went really easy thanks to Ken & Mark. Ken is always so willing to let us use his carpeted van. Mark surprised all of us; with Jodi out of town he rented a U-Haul van and took many of the drivers back.

It was nice to have restrooms at the lunch stop, even if it was a little bit of a hike.
One of the cool thing about the trip was how everyone helped each other out at the put-in, lunch stop and most of all at the take out.
The take out had about a 20 or 30 yard path from the river to the parking lot and everyone pitched in and grabbed anything from a boat to gear to make it easy for all who paddled.
Thank you to all who made this trip as it was a great trip with great friends.
Mike

Last edited by mfdanko99; 04-08-2019 at 05:12 PM.
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote