View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 08:57 PM   #1
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking Paddllers Year end Review

I would love to continue a club tradition started by John Paul.
Paddlers Year End Review

Club High's
1-Lake Author
First paddle of the year and it was great. We had 45 paddlers and it was so nice to see everyone. I didn't realize how much I love our club until that paddle. We have so many great members.

2-Buckaloons
This is always a great weekend on the banks of the Allegheny River. I had to wait until Saturday afternoon to arrive but once I did it was a blast. Thanks again to Stan for letting me crash on his site. It was fun putting heaters in the cap of the truck bed and sleeping in the bed of the truck. It was a very chilly evening but made the morning fire even better with great friends and food. I also had a great bow paddler in Addisen Noel as we had a blast at the rapid in Warren PA.

3-Moonlight Paddle
This is just a great event! Paddling at night, putting lights on your boat, great company; what else do I need to say!!

4-New sections of rivers and reservoirs
We got to do a new section of french creek up by Cambridge Springs PA
At Deer Creek Reservoir we made it a lot farther up deer creek than we ever have in the past. Plus paddling through tunnels is a blast!!

5-Shenango River Color paddle.
The section from westmiddle sex to pulaski is always a great paddle. It was so great to do another river paddle with a regular shuttle and normal set up. So many great friends on this paddle. What sticks out for me was JP, Bob Danko and myself going through the rapid just past the take out and my dad falling as we portaged the boats up the rapid.

Club Low's
1-Cancelling so many great river trips
Grand River, Beaver Creek, Foxburg, Chili Chilly Paddle just to name a few
2-Cancelling so many events.

Personal Paddling Highs
With Covid going on and so many club paddles were cancelled it gave Jessica and myself chances to do more whitewater and other rivers we have wanted to do.
1-ASHTABULA RIVER WHITEWATER SECTION (November)
This is an all time high for me. Getting to solo canoe my favorite whitewater river is a goal I have been working towards. I have made many runs in my kayak in this section but finally able to do it solo canoeing is an ultimate thrill for me. This was my Mount Everest of solo canoeing and I owe alot to John Paul Tolson & Ron Elles for helping to be able to paddle this section of whitewater. THANK YOU JP & RON

2-Connoquenessing Creek Whitewater

Jessica and myself made several trips down the connie whitewater section. Each time I solo canoed it as it helped me prepare for my eventual run down Ashtabula river. Doing Rooster rapid in the canoe is completely different then in a whitewater kayak. Thank god for my airbags

3-Beaver Creek

Jessica and myself made the trip from Sprucevale to Ohioville. This creek is one of my favorites

4-Chagrin River
Just like Ashtabula river it is so hard to hit with enough water. We had several trips to finally do the whole river from Quarry Rock Picnic Area to the lake. It only took us 6 years to make the 27 mile long section.

5-Cuyahoga River Whitewater Kent Section

I was able to make a couple of passes through downtown Kent section after work. Made two good passes in my whitewater Kayak and 1 really fun pass solo canoeing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa9GQQWXzNI

Low's
Not enough paddling!!
Between canceling club paddles and with Jess and I buying a house we didn't paddle as much as we usually do.
My 2020 paddling review
Mike

Hope to hear from others on there paddlers year end review