View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #5
jd455

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default My experience with new registration and OH numbers?

Hello all. I?m sort of new to kayaking as well. I had to transfer and register 2 kayaks this year (got them off Craig?s list late last year..) So, off to the closest place from the watercraft website? the local Gander Mountain.. Found they only had papers and stickers that use the OH numbers, they didn?t even know about the alternate registration. I think this was mainly because they had only started to provide the service a week before. Turns out, even the other places that offer regular watercraft registration don?t have the alternate yet.. they seem to be only available at Watercraft Offices like the one outside of Akron, OH.. You should call wherever you plan to go before you go to make sure they have it.. I ended up making the trip days later.. but I got it for the one kayak.. so now in 3 years, I?ll have to change the OH-numbered one to the alternate by renewing on-line and it should show up in the mail.. also, the alternate registration has a mandatory donation to conservation, so its $25 vs the 20-21 for regular registrations.. but you won?t have peeling OH numbers every year.. so i may be cheaper in the long run.. and neater on the kayak..
have a great day
bjp
jd455 is offline   Reply With Quote