View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 01:45 PM   #15
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

On a beautiful autumn day with higher than normal temperatures we had a great paddle. 16 paddlers 15 boats (12 kayaks & 3 Canoes)

We did have some swimmers put they were working on improving there skills to control the kayak better so I see it as a great learning experience.

This section is so different than the others on the Mahoning, some class 1+ rapid, some ripples, nice flat water and for most of the time a nice current. Also different scenery than other parts of the river with rolling hills and as you leave Lowellville.

We did stop for lunch at the new so to be open launch in Lawrence County on River Rd.

The level was 2.89 ft at the Lowellville gauge and I have said it before; the lower the Mahoning is the better the paddle is.

Thanks to all who came as Jessica & myself enjoyed a great day with great friends.

The only downside was I picked a restaurant again and it turned out to be a long wait that was really annoying; but the food was OK. I just have bad luck with restaurant.

On a side note Donelle Russell from Lawrence County let me know a new ramp at Coverts Crossing will be starting soon and hope to open before the new year.