View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 07:26 AM   #9
jimbo

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by debra witowski View Post
Sunday was a beautiful day, some even thought of it as swimming weather in November. Mike's Dad who said I hate skirts, every time I wear a skirt I swim, swam. Patty who had never paddled running water, charged right through the rapid, yelling "I want to go." She was on a sit on top kayak and discovered unless she paddled it was a sit in water. Chuck got most his group through the rapid relatively dry, his brand new paddler was wearing cotton sweatshirt and jeans. Then Mike came sailing through the rapid in a canoe, two ladies following. Mike gets up on a rock with throw bag in hand and motions for the first lady to come down, she makes it through the rapid, but the eddy current grabs her and the paddle doesn't go down, she rolls over. Mike throws her the rope and she looks at him on the rock through the rapid and I know she thinking that is the last place I want to be. I have to give her credit, she kept the sun glasses on through the whole ordeal, She grabs a boat and gets towed to the bank empties out the boat and gets back in. Other lady won't even get near the rapid she was about block away when she decides to walk around,NOTHING WRONG WITH WALK AROUND I DO IT. Chuck then decides we got to go we got miles to go to get to our cars.But caution won over trills when we portaged around the dam at the baseball fields, Chuck's boat mde it over without him it got stuck some, But then my boat has made it through Rooster Tail without me. I was glad to see Mike's post today so we know he still alive, but are either of those girls still talking to him?
Now that?s a story right there, great trip report!
jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote