View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 06:38 PM   #1
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking Connie to Mahoning 10-9-16

This has been a rough year for paddlers. Specially for TCT, we have had more cancelled trips or shorten trips then I can remember due to storms, heat or lack of water.
That is the case for the Connoquenessing this weekend. USGS 1.8 ft. and dropping and the Minimal we need is 2.2 ft.
That isn?t going to stop Bruce Ambrose from getting a trip for this weekend.
We are going to switch to our home river; The Mighty Mahoning!!

Mahoning River-Lowellville to Edinburg Section

When- Sunday October 9th

Where- 22 W Water St, Lowellville, OH 44436 (Just down from Carchedi?s Restaurant)

GPS 41.03725, -80.53722

Time 11am

Once we meet up and unload all gear at the put in we will run our shuttle to Coverts Crossing in Edinburg PA (GPS 40.996668, -80.414882)

Map my Run website has this paddle at 8.3 miles. This section has many little riffles and some slow sections as well. The two main rapids are class I + (maybe class II at higher levels)

The first one is right near the start of the paddle. The old coffer dam. It is very easy as you follow the current into the middle of the river than follow the current to a 45-degree angle and hold your line and keep paddling.

The second is just past the 224 bridge. This is a super easy rapid to get through. Line up in the middle and paddle straight through it. Very straight forward when it comes to rapids but it is a fun one to go through.

Pack a lunch as we will stop somewhere after church hill rd.

After the paddle I will be stopping at Station Grill 300 E Liberty St, Lowellville, OH 44436
TCT stopped there in 2014 for a good meal and some beers after a good paddle
Mike Danko & Bruce Ambrose
mfdanko99 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mfdanko99 For This Useful Post:
Mary Kane  (10-06-2016)