View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 06:27 PM   #4
Ambridger

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

With the dedication of the Girard launch, and the possibility of a large turn-out of potentially inexperienced paddlers, I think reaching out to the local fire departments - specifically ones that have water rescue capabilities - would be appropriate. I would ask that they stage some resources in areas of concern. Also, I think we should enlist assistance from ODNR as well. This has become more than just a FOM / TCTC event, specifically this year; this has become a community event, and we may need community resources.

The mayor of Girard is obviously involved, so maybe he can help with the FD involvement, and I'm hoping we made some ODNR friends during the paddle last year, whom we can rely on.

I would like to see a pre-paddle "meet & discuss" with TCTC, FOM, FDs, and ODNR, assuming we can get them all involved. Also, I feel FOM needs to get on the river in the days leading to the paddle to ensure a clear pathway, and cut away obstruction / strainers.

My initial reply, earlier today, was made while at work, where I have no access to my personal e-mail.

Last edited by Ambridger; 05-16-2018 at 06:41 PM.
Ambridger is offline   Reply With Quote