Thread: River Fest 2018
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 06:25 PM   #10
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default review

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO CAME OUT AND HELPED AT RIVERFEST!!!

It turned out to be a great day! It was amazing to see so many step up and help. We had a lot of members switching places with each other to help each other out when one would get tired.

I apologies first if I misspell any names and I know I am going to forget a person or two because I can remember there name-Sorry

We had 5 Canoes,
Ed R, Ken, JP, Ron & myself

3 Tandem kayaks,
Steve P, Mark V, Ed H

Several kayaks as they switched out several times, the main ones I saw were,
Mary, Kristen, Joel, & Jessica

Dock hands,
Bob K, Rich Allen, Bob Danko

Life Vests
-Patty Allen, & Sue Ramdom from what I could see

Tent,
Cheryl, Lin, and a couple I couldn't remember names. Victora also help in several area's.
My total count of members were 26, but I am sure I missed one or two.

My total paddle time was 3:41 Minutes, Total Mileage 7.16

Best experience for me was Rachel, a student visiting family from U of Georgia. As we paddled you could tell she knew how to paddle and handle a boat. At the turn she mentioned she was hoping for a rapid. I didn't think anything of it until she mentioned she is on the Georgia rowing team. Explains why I had to work to stay with her.

Against my better judgment I took her down to Marshall St Rapid. She followed me through and all I heard was laughing and helling I have to tell my coach about this.

We walked around and did it a second time. As we paddled back to the dock she mentioned that this made the trip to Youngstown worth it.

Thanks again all members, you are all amazing!!!!

Mike