View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 06:56 PM   #12
gonegonzo

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

JTP ,

Yes , the put in is up stream from Gavers . Travel rt.518 west out of Gavers about 2 miles max . There is a large farm on the left right before a sharp bend to the left in the road . Also at the bend another dirt road (Trinity Chuch)goes north . Keep this road in mind for later details .

I asked the farmer and he allowed me to park on a tractor road in his field and put in under the bridge on 518 . The creek is all but 20 feet wide here and thee are some technical just around the bend from the put in so be on your toes . Also on the left high in the trees there are many many Blue Heron nests . It's a sight not many see .

OK , for the other details I spoke of . WATER PENDING , turn north and travel 1-2 miles (on Trinity Churh rd )and there is a canoe put in on the right of the road . If the dopers haven't burned it down , a covered bridge is there as well . With good water flow this is an excellent float . I usually take out at West Point on old rt.45 beside an old quwanset hut building .

I hope this helps you find virgin territory .

Gonzo
gonegonzo is offline   Reply With Quote