Thread: Beaver Creek
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2022, 04:10 PM   #2
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Paddle Report

My Paddle on Beaver Creek was a interesting one.

Since I was paddling by myself I decided to do the State Park down to Ohioville for a easy 14 mile paddle.

After getting a late start I got everything set up and scheduled to use Tri County Cab out of East liverpool. I got the the Ohioville take out at 1230pm, was told they would be there 1245 -1pm.

That time came and past, I called and said someone was coming. Before I knew it was 2:30 and no cab. Good thing I locked the canoe up :)

I was getting ready to leave and get the canoe when a guy fishing asked me what I was doing. I explained and he said he wanted a new spot to fish and he gave me a ride to the state park. I made sure to give him the money that i was going to pay for a cab.

Once I got everything set and hit the water it was a 3:05pm. I had 14 miles to go and sunset was at 6:19pm.

That is when I realized I entered another race; a race against the sun!!

Turned out to be a great paddle, no playing around or surfing just paddling. Water level was at 4.51ft at USGS Grimms bridge with temps in the 60's.

I took out at Ohioville at 5:45. My map my run app said I averaged 5.4 mph and my fastest mile was by Grimms bridge at 6.2 mph.

My abs where burning when I got done.

Turned out to be a great work out for the Red Moshanick race later this month.